Homepage of Voter Registration

Who Can Register: Eligibility of Registration

Geographical Constituency

You are eligible to be registered as an elector in a geographical constituency if:

  1. you are a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as defined by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passports Ordinance (Cap. 539); and
  2. you ordinarily reside in Hong Kong; and
  3. you have reached 18 years of age or will reach 18 years of age on or before 25 September next following your application for registration; and
  4. you hold an identity document, e.g. a Hong Kong permanent identity card; and
  5. you are not subject to any disqualification from registration.

For enquiries on permanent resident status, please call the Immigration Department hotline: 2824 6111

Generally, persons who are disqualified from registration include persons who:

  1. are found under the Mental Health Ordinance (Cap. 136) to be incapable, by reason of mental incapacity, of managing and administering their property and affairs;
  2. are members of any armed forces.