|Functional Constituency and Election Committee Subsector
If you or your body* are/is eligible to be registered as a functional constituency (“FC”) elector, you or your body must also apply to be registered as an Election Committee (“EC”) subsector voter (either a corresponding subsector or an optional subsector. for details). An eligible person or body is entitled to be registered in only ONE FC and only ONE EC subsector.
* A "body" means an incorporated or unincorporated body, and includes a firm or a group of persons (which may include incorporated or unincorporated bodies) who are associated with each other through a shared relevant interest.
If you are an individual
(1) You are eligible to apply for registration as an individual elector for a FC and an individual voter for a subsector if:
(A) you possess the qualifications required for registration in the FC and the EC subsector (For details, please refer to the relevant guidance notes); and
(B) you are registered as an elector in a Geographical Constituency ("GC") or are eligible and have applied to be so registered.
(a) Generally, you are eligible to be registered as an elector in a GC if :
For enquiries on permanent resident status, please call the Immigration Department hotline: 2824 6111.
(i) you are a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as defined by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passports Ordinance (Cap. 539);
(ii) you ordinarily reside in Hong Kong;
(iii) you have reached 18 years of age or will reach 18 years of age on or before 25 September (for District Council Election year) OR 25 July (for Non-District Council Election year) next following your application for registration;
(iv) you hold an identity document, e.g. a Hong Kong permanent identity card; and
(v) you are not subject to any disqualification from registration.
(C) If you are appointed as an Authorized Representative ("AR") of a corporate elector/voter, your application for registration in the same FC/EC subsector as the corporate elector/voter would not be considered.
(2) If you are eligible to be registered in the District Council (First) FC and any other FC at the same time, you may only be registered in the District Council (First) FC and not in any other FC.
(3) If you are eligible to be registered in the Heung Yee Kuk FC and any other FC other than the District Council (First) FC at the same time, you may only be registered in the Heung Yee Kuk FC and not in any other FC.
(4) Please use Form REO-41 ("Application by an individual for registration in a FC and an EC subsector / report on change of particulars") to apply for registration. If you are holding a valid personal digital certificate, you may also apply for registration on-line through the "GovHK" website.
If you are a body
(5) Your body is eligible to apply for registration as a corporate elector for a FC and as a corporate voter for a subsector if your body possesses the qualifications required for registration in the FC and the EC subsector. (For details, please refer to the relevant guidance notes.)
(6) Your body must appoint an AR for the purpose of casting your body's vote in an election. (For details on the appointment of AR(s), please refer to the relevant guidance notes.)
(7) If your body is eligible to be registered in one of the following FCs :
(a) Agriculture and Fisheries;
(b) Insurance; or
(c) Transport, and any other FC at the same time, your body may only be registered in either (a), (b) or (c) above and not in any other FC.
(8) Please use Form REO-42 ("Application by a body for registration in a FC and an EC subsector / report on change of particulars") to apply for registration.
Who is Disqualified from being Registered
(1) A person is disqualified from being registered as an individual elector or voter, or as an AR, if he/she :
(a) is found under the Mental Health Ordinance (Cap. 136) to be incapable, by reason of mental incapacity, of managing and administering his/her property and affairs; or
(b) is a member of any armed forces.
(2) A body is disqualified from being registered as a corporate elector or voter, if it :
(a) is a consular post to which any privilege or immunity is accorded under the Consular Relations Ordinance (Cap. 557); or
(b) is an organization to which section 2 of the International Organizations and Diplomatic Privileges Ordinance (Cap. 190) applies or an international organization defined in section 2 of the International Organizations (Privileges and Immunities) Ordinance (Cap. 558); or
(c) is a department or an agency of a government of a place outside the People's Republic of China, whether at national, regional or municipal level.
Note: For the purposes of item (2)(c) above, a body is not regarded as a department or an agency of a government of a place unless –
(a) the management of the body is appointed by the government and is answerable to the government;
(b) the principal function of the body is to advance the interest of the place; and
(c) the body is non-profit-making.